Plessis Belleville. Three days after giving birth at the library, back home, Géhane recounts

Plessis Belleville. Three days after giving birth at the library, back home, Géhane recounts

By Frederic Normand, Fabrice Alves-Teixeira

This Saturday, July 2, Géhane Roch, 25, returned to the municipal library of Plessis-Belleville. In other words where three days earlier she gave birth to Khayden, a boy, her second child. The opportunity for the mother to remember this incredible childbirth. “After driving Kynhaïa, my three-year-old daughter, to her nanny, I went to the municipal library where Anette, my mother, works. explains Gehane. It was a little after 9 o’clock. But, very quickly, I sensed that something was wrong. I felt a liquid running between my legs… Blood then waters. I understood that I was giving birth.

“I suffered a lot”

Célia, the library manager, immediately calls the firefighters who tell her what to do. Géhane must lie on her side on the floor. A fan and cushions provide some relief. A quarter of an hour later, the firefighters of Saint-Souplet (Seine-et-Marne) are on site, joined by the SAMU, the SMUR and the municipal police. The firefighters thought to deliver the mother in their ambulance. But they finally change their minds and the delivery takes place in the digital space of the library. “I never faintedcontinues Gehane. But I suffered a lot. I gave birth without any anesthesia even though I was planning an epidural at the maternity ward in Meaux (Seine-et-Marne) where I was to give birth to my baby… The firefighters were super nice to me. While one supported my head, two others lifted my legs. The midwife had trouble… She asked me to squat down and then get on all fours. But I couldn’t.”

Finally, the baby came out. Her little cries allowed Célia and Annette to understand that Géhane had just given birth. “At some point, everything escapes us”, recognizes Annette. After giving birth to Khayden, Géhane is taken to Meaux hospital with her baby. The examinations carried out on the mother and the child show that all is well. So much so that Géhane and her child were able to leave the maternity ward on Friday noon, two days after giving birth.

“I would like to thank Célia and my mother for their responsivenessconcludes Gehane. Without forgetting the emergency services and the municipal police.

Watch the images shot at the library on the day of the birth followed by Géhane and her baby:


It is always my pleasure to provide insightful information on important topics and if you have learned something from my article then I thank you for taking the time to share it with your friends or family.

We put a lot of heart and invest a lot of time trying to bring you the most interesting articles.
You would encourage us to do it even better in the future. Thank you!

Related Posts: