US vows to defend allies after North Korean shooting

US vows to defend allies after North Korean shooting

Couple David Brunnstrom

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States on Tuesday condemned North Korea’s ballistic missile launch over Japan as a “dangerous and irresponsible” act and vowed to use all its might to defend South Korea and Japan, but cautioned that it remains open to dialogue with Pyongyang.

In a statement, the White House National Security Council spokeswoman called the North Korean shooting a “destabilizing” act that illustrates North Korea’s “blatant disregard” for UN Security Council resolutions, the UN and international security standards.

US Presidency National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan spoke with his South Korean and Japanese counterparts to discuss “appropriate and robust joint and international responses,” Adrienne Watson said.

During those exchanges, Jake Sullivan reiterated the United States’ unwavering commitment to the defense of Japan and South Korea and Washington’s will to continue its efforts to limit Pyongyang’s capacity to develop its prohibited missile programs, she added.

Daniel Kritenbrink, the US State Department’s top representative for East Asia, reiterated that Washington is open to an unconditional dialogue with North Korea and urged Pyongyang to pursue a viable diplomatic path.

“Unfortunately … the only reaction we’ve seen so far is an increase in the number of ballistic missile launches and other provocative actions,” he said.

(editorial from Paris)

Reference: www.challenges.fr

It is always my pleasure to provide insightful information on important topics and if you have learned something from my article then I thank you for taking the time to share it with your friends or family.

We put a lot of heart and invest a lot of time trying to bring you the most interesting articles.
You would encourage us to do it even better in the future. Thank you!

Related Posts: